Saturday, March 28, 2009

Goodbye Stella

So yesterday was my last day with my little Stella Bean. It was really hard and I cried twice on my way into work, but then when Dusty, Katy, and I exchanged gifts it was easier. They talked about having us over for dinner before we leave. They also mentioned having me babysit and maybe having us out to the lake. I think knowing that I would see them again and they weren't cutting me off made it SO MUCH EASIER!!! I know that I will always be welcome to be a part of Stella's life and that made all the hard stuff so much better. I made stella a photo album of pictures of us, and I also wrote her a little Rhyme to remember me by....

Dear Stella,
I decided to write you a little rhyme to remind you of all the fun things we did together. I had so much fun this year spending time with you, and I am pretty sure you did too…

You love it when I snort real loud and chase you up the stairs
You love it when I tackle you with your giant teddy bear

I love it when you grin real big showing teeth from ear to ear
I love it that you bounce your knees when it’s a good beat that you hear

You love it when I dance around and act all crazy too
You love it when I fall of the couch, play dead, and then yell “Boo!”

I love it when you get all sweet and lay your head on me
I love it that your face lights up when it’s me that you see

You love it when I pick you up and spin you round and round
You love it when I sing to you when its time for you to go down

I love it when you honk my nose and then kiss me on the face
I love it that you get excited to explore every new place

You love it when we go outside and play on the playground
You love it when we hide your toys so they can once again be found

I love it that your clap for yourself in everything you do
I love it how for a while there every animal said “moo”

I love so many things about you and you love things about me too. That’s why its so hard to say goodbye but it’s time to start something new. You will be with me always in my prayers and close to my heart beat. I will love you always my little monster, peanut, munchkin, punkin always and for keeps

4 comments:

Sarah W said...

What a sweet poem! Stella was blessed to have a nanny like you!

ps -- have you sold your house yet?

Stephanie said...

That's so sweet, Hayley! I'm so glad that the last day went well. Stella has been blessed to have you!

Melissa said...

You are the best nanny ever! You are going to be an AMAZING mom! that poem is so precious and makes me all teary. Man, Stella was so blessed to have you. I'm so glad the last day was smooth and happy. Love you!

Jenna B said...

oh my that is so precious