Monday, June 29, 2009

WOW....Where Have I Been?!?!?

That is the question isn't it?!?! I know many of you have ridden me off and probably don't even click on my link anymore, and those of you that do are so disappointed with my lazy non-blogging self I am surprised you are still even my friend! So here is the deal...things have been SUPER busy and Super changey!!!!



The good news is that God is faithful and will always guide you where he wants you...it just may take you awhile to listen :) So the Lord spoke to me and Cody about staying in Oklahoma, and I was the most resistant little terd you have ever met. I was just flat out ugly toward God, and thankfully He has forgive me for my sassy behavior. Eventually, I just gave in and said fine you win...and fine my husband won't budge (actually he did budge cause I threw SUCH a fit, and that turned out a disaster!) Any who...I started applying for jobs hoping to find something that suited me and I suited it and we could all be one big happy family. My big happy family is now MACU. I am the new admissions counselor for Mid-America Christian University (MACU). I absolutely LOVE it! I am starting to build relationships with my fellow staffers and also future students...it's GREAT!

In other news Cody got a job as a corporate personal trainer. This was really an answer to prayer. We really started to discover that in the health and fitness field there are a lot of LIARS!!!!! They try and play on peoples emotions and steal from them...snakes....so we were a little discouraged. He applied for this corporate fitness job even though it required a 4 year degree, and they chose him for his experience even though he doesn't have his bachelors yet! YEAH!!! It is starting out part time 15-20 hrs. but they want to take it full time in 6mo. to a year. Cody is going to go through the adult program at the school where I work. Basically he will take 1 class every 5 weeks (since he already has associates it will take him 1 1/2 years to finish) the adult program is year round.

God has really blessed us, and we are excited about staying here in Oklahoma. I am really excited for some of the relationships that I have been able to build. I have always known a lot of people and had "friends", but I really feel like I've been invested in as well as been able to invest in several girls here, and I am excited about continuing with those friendships (true, deep, real friendships) instead of having to say goodbye! I am missing my family...can't lie...I wore a necklace Melissa gave me today just cause I was missing her. I think about My Parents, Grant, Sarah, the boys, Jerry, Lauren, Melissa, and Jamey all the time and my heart aches that I don't live closer to ANY of them...but I have to focus on what God has for me, and hope that in time I will get to be near them and share more of life with them!

I will be blogging much more now that I am in the office all day :)

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Love you Hay!!!! And so excited about what God has in store for you!!!!

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."
Psalm 18:32


GOD is GOOD!!!

Lauren Williams said...

love the update! and i'd love a phone date too! so glad to hear the 'wrestle' is over for now

Jenna B said...

I am so happy for you with MACU! It sounds like a wonderful fit.

Molly Morgan said...

Hayley - you will love working for a college. My favorite place to work - Congratulations! Also to Cody - you both are on track and it is exciting to see where God is taking you!

Stephanie said...

Your Okie friends sure are happy you guys are sticking around :) And glad to have you back in the blogsphere too!

Melissa said...

I am so, SO glad you are staying! I was totally in denial about the fact you were going to leave and just tried not to even think about it. I am SO glad God has you here.