Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Office and then some...

So I decided when I got a cubicle that I didn't want it to be just any cubicle. I wanted it to be a home away from home (is that possible?!?!) I found out that during the fall there will be many days that I will stay late to make phone calls, so I thought might as well make it a bright and cheerful place to be! I got material and ribbon for the cabinets, and then got everything else pretty much at Ross. It was so fun to make it so girly!
Me and Cody's 3 year anniversary is this Wed. We decided that this year we were going to make a joint purchase for our anniversary. As you walk through our kitchen you are in a bliss of stainless steel and fake looking granite counter tops, but then all the sudden you come to a screeching halt and are face to face with a giant white monstrosity....our fridge! Ok so our fridge is actually wonderful, it is very big and has never failed us, but it is very very white. So we decided to upgrade to stainless steel so all our appliances would match. Here is the fridge we are considering

We are excited about having an ice and water machine too, ours doesn't work on our current fridge. Well that's not totally true, it works but doesn't have a filter and you will probably die if you drink Newcastle tap water!

Last week I had two different and fun outings with friends. My friend Jenna and I went to this thing called Slam Poetry. One of my student workers is going to Nationals for Slam Poetry, and I wanted to go and support her in what she does. Jenna is awesome and came with me! We had a good time and to be honest I am glad I got to experience slam poetry with a fellow thespian! The other outing was with Melissa. My friend Melissa has lost over 40 pounds and is one hot mama! Her husband was taking her out for their anniversary and I had the honors of helping her shop. We got her a swanky little dress with sexy animal print heels and clutch. I had so much fun getting to see her so happy and confident! Here are pictures from both events...


Hanging out before the fun began

"Slam Poetry is the bomb.com!"

On our way to go shopping, no this isn't Melissa...this is her daughter. I don't know many other kids that will sit in their stroller the whole time we are shopping and look at their mother in every dress and say, "Oh MOM! you look so Bootiful!"

That's the update for now! Things are good here in Okie. Cody and I are adjusting to our new schedules and jobs. It hasn't really been a smooth adjustment at all, but at least we are adjusting and not digging in our heels right?!?!?! We had a 6 1/2 hour drive to Midland and another 6 1/2 hour drive home this weekend and we got to hash out our feelings and yada yada so now we are adjusted! YEAH! I will post pics soon from our Midland trip!

4 comments:

Jenna B said...

you're funny. we have our serious talks while driving too :) I had fun with you at the Slam Poetry thing! felt good to go do something so different!

Suzanne said...

Your office is too cute!!!!! Extreme Office Makeover!! I love it!

Oh and that's awesome that your friend lost weight! She totally deserves to get a sassy little outfit! So fun for a girls shopping trip!

Mary Morrow said...

how fun! girl time is the absolute BEST! it energizes us to face another month or so of life in the real world :).

Stephanie said...

your office is super cute! you are so girly girl - love it. your girl trips sound fun too! we should do lunch again soon... maybe next week?