Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Scavenger Hunt

Cody just had a birthday on July 12th, and our anniversary is on July 29th. So I decided this year to surprise him with a little scavenger hunt, and a night at a bed and breakfast to kind of celebrate both. The scavenger hunt started at the house with a note telling him how much I love him. Then it had the first clue

Clue #1: TINEY office, TINEY person, big chair
This took him to my office where my office manager TINEY had clue #2

Clue #2: Smells like Java, Tastes like a million calories, and word on the street is they used to have a singing barista


This took him to the starbucks where I used to work. There Rahi had the next clue

Clue #3: It took us forever to date, but our first date was great! Go to the restaurant


This clue took him to the Olive Garden where we had our first date. There the hostesses had clue #4

Clue #4: Follow the map (inside was a map to the bed and breakfast, but it didn't say what it was on the map so he had no clue to him it looked like it was taking him from olive garden to a random address) Clue # 5 is in your glove box


Clue #5: Go inside and the man at the front will tell you where to go


At this point the guy at the front desk had a second set of keys to our bedroom (pictured above)and he sent Cody up. We had a time of 'worship' and then opened presents

Cody loves steak so after he opened his presents I told him I was taking him to Cattleman's Steakhouse. We had never been there but had heard that it was AMAZING.

Then we went and got ice cream and hung out in our room. The next morning we got coffee and sat on the porch. They had a wonderful breakfast and we enjoyed every bit of it. The travel channel actually came while we were there. It was pretty cool

He was totally surprised! He thought maybe the clues were taking him to a resturant or something. All my presents went over really well. I got him a pair of puma's, a gator shirt (pictured above) and an awesome mosaic globe. He loved all of them but we discovered the globe was weighted wrong so the south pole kept flipping to the top leaving every country upside down! We returned it and he got some work out clothes instead! All in all a GREAT weekend

3 comments:

Lauren Williams said...

so fun!

Melissa said...

You are the most amazing wife! I love you. I am so glad I have such a great example in my life of a wonderful wife. You challenge me to be better, and I love that.

Mary Morrow said...

i love to worship :).
hee, hee