Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!!!

Seriously I feel like I am the lead character from the movie "Baby Mama". Everywhere I turn I see this




Or better yet my favorite which I refer to as the "Look what I am holding...haha and you can't have one" belly hold!



Then after seeing a few of these bellies these start staring me in the face....


you get the drift...baby fever, and right now I think I should be admitted to the hospital for how intense and high the fever has gotten! I have tried everything I know to do as far as begging, pleading, and crying goes...but so far now is not the time! I can't lie after receiving an invitation to the birth of my soon to be 3rd niece/nephew, I contemplated poking holes in all the protective devices that create a barrier from my becoming pregnant (haha in your face Trojan)...but I figured God would frown upon that idea, and Cody would too. So all that to say if you see me go into a Babies "R" Us don't believe me when I say it is to "shop for a friend" take me by the back of my shirt and drag me back to my car which might delusionally be parked in the "Expecting Mom" space!

7 comments:

BrieAnn said...

I was so bitter when all of my friends got pregnant after I miscarried. I remember the first time I heard that one of my close friends at church was expecting, I had to fight back tears. I really was happy for them, but I was so sad for me. After your jr/sr recital (I can't remember which one), when you sang One Pure and Holy Passion, I cried and cried and cried, I could not stop. It wasn't until I just let go (stopped the obsessive trips to Babies R Us and ridiculous amounts of on-line research on car seats, cribs, strollers, etc.), and decided that I could be okay without a baby right now (like really deep down inside became at peace with it) that SURPRISE, beyond all odds, we got pregnant with Cora. I'm praying that the sweet peace God put in my heart will fill yours as well.

I love you, Hayley.

Hayley B said...

Thanks BrieAnn to be honest I am not trying or anything...Cody just wants to have a full time job before we start trying...I am ready and so is he we just want to wait until this job he has right now goes full time! Thus my baby fever is so intense b/c I know we can start soon :) I was really just joking around about my baby fever :) How is precious Cora?

Melissa said...

You are so cute! I've been where you are! I love how well put this is. so very good with your words. Especially that last part about Babies R Us and the parking spot. Made me giggle!

Suzanne said...

You are so funny HayHay!! Hold off Hold off!! You can make it a year or two more(and please dont poke holes in the Baby Prevention Devices...hahaha!!)

Love you!!

lecia said...

yea for baby fever!! you are so cute little one and we will celebrate big time when that day comes and it will!

BrieAnn said...

I'm glad to read your humor. I was so frustrated because we were trying with no luck. I think the concentrated trying to conceive is just as funny (minus the disappointment at the outcome when it's not what you want - we are finding ourselves in that boat again, minus the frustration) as the overwhelming baby fever - a whole new adventure for sure.

Cora is great. She just had her 18 month appointment and is perfect, of course. She learns new words every day. It's really fun to ask her where something is and see her point to it. She knows what so many more things are than she can actually verbalize. She loves lip gloss and is becoming really insistent that she drink from a regular cup, not her sippy.

Mary Morrow said...

hee, hee... you made me laugh so hard! i love your precious heart! i know i've said it before, but I really do! your honesty makes me smile :).
love you! hang in there!!!