Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happenings

Well, not to much has been happening here in the Okie, but Cody and I are doing well and both enjoying our jobs.

My job has started a new cycle and it is hectic but fun! I have started to build relationships with my students for 2010 while really get to know my students from 2009! I have a small group of 8 girls that will be meeting once a week. Our first meeting went really well, and I feel like it is going to be a great community!

Cody had some exciting news last week! There is a lot of equipment in the gym that is not being utilized so he suggested that they sell some of it, and buy some different things that they don't have that they need. He had scheduled 2 meetings to talk to some of the VP's about it, and before he even had the meetings he got a call from the head of the financial department that let him know that they made room in this fiscal years budget to give him $11,000 for equipment!!!!! I just really felt like this was a great sign that they really believe in his program and trust him , b/c they are cutting finances EVERYWHERE except with him! YEAH!

I am really content here in Oklahoma...and content in a good way. For awhile I was so frustrated that God had told us to stay here, but to be honest He has really shown both Cody and I exactly why he wants us here. I know for me I finally feel like I am really able to be an example of Christ's love and evangelize in my job. I have never really had that before. Cody is really following the leading of the Holy Spirit in his job, and it is so awesome to see the impact that Jesus is having in his work place!

Thanks for reading even with no pictures!!!

4 comments:

Jenna B said...

Yay! I am so happy you two are here. you have such a ministry!

lecia said...

this makes me so happy!

Suzanne said...

Yayyy! I'm so glad things have calmed down and that you both are getting settled into your jobs! Cant wait to hear more this weekend!

Melissa said...

I am SO glad you stayed! I have so enjoyed growing close to you and getting to know you! I love you so much and you play such an important roll in my life! Praise the Lord he has you here.