Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Major Life Change

Ok so I don't really know where to or how to begin this post, so I am just going to dive in and go from start to finish...if you want kind of the abridged version here it is



We are no longer moving to huntsville and we feel called to Christ For the Nations



now here is all that God did to show us this...

So in January I had kinda had this feeling in my spirit/gut that we weren't supposed to move to huntsville, but I chalked it up to me, and just kind of ignored it. I figured, "Hey my relationship with God isn't all that great anyway so what makes me think that I am actually hearing from him." Then instead of praying about if I had heard from him or not I chose to ignore it and just keep to the plan. There were probably 2-3 more times that I got that same feeling when I would talk about our move to Huntsville. I just felt like I was being ridiculous and that if we weren't supposed to go God would have shown Cody. Well the past 2 weeks Cody and I have really been in a new place spiritually, both for us personally and as a married couple. This past winter I had really struggled with questions like, "Is this really all worth it?" "Is this even real?" but in the past two weeks God has been so gracious in revealing Himself to me, and showing me that he has NEVER let me go. That He hasn't stopped speaking to me, and he wants more for me. Cody was going through something similar and it just overjoyed my heart. I noticed he was getting up before me and spending about an hour in prayer every morning. I saw him seeking God in a way I have missed the past 2 years. We had also had a talk about our spiritual unity as a couple and it was AMAZING it lasted probably like 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I won't go into all the details but God is unifying us, and it is hard...but wonderful! So last week I noticed that Cody was fasting but I didn't say anything cause I figured he would tell me what he was fasting for and about if he wanted to. So Friday night rolls around and we are supposed to go out on a date night, and I realize that I am going to be the only one eating...I was sad, but trying to be OK with not knowing what was going on. When we were standing in line at Pei Wei I just told him how hard it was not knowing what was going on and he explained to me that he felt like God had shown him something, but he didn't want to talk to me about it, until he knew for sure b/c he has been back and forth on a few things and I have expressed how hard that is on me. As we were standing in line I was thinking, "I bet this is about Huntsville, you should just say something"...my stomach was just churning cause I just knew. I knew that God had revealed to Cody the same thing he had revealed to me. As we sat down he started to tell me what it was kind of about. A few days before that he had gotten a call from his mom and she had told him that she had felt like God had given her the scripture Luke 14 and Matthew 10 for him. She didn't say anything else just told him she couldn't get it off her heart so she thought she would just tell him and if it was for him great if not great told him to have a great day and click. At that point Cody read the scriptures and started studying them. He just asked God to speak to him about his life, my life, and our lives and what we were called to do! When he got to this part in his story I blurted out, "I've had this sick feeling in my spirit about moving to Huntsville" At that point Cody breathed a big sigh of relief. He was afraid I was going to be mad and tell him I was going even if he didn't. The cool thing is God had been preparing me for months before all of this. Now I can't lie there was MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR disappointment about not moving to Huntsville, but the joy and the peace that God put in my heart at that moment was sooo over powering. The more we talked the more we realized how in sync God had made us. We were both feeling like we were at the point in our lives where we could choose complacency and being comfortable with God or we could really seek and pursue and allow Him to spur us on in our passions and what he has called us to do. We both still feel very passionately about health and fitness, and want to pursue that, and to be totally honest we don't really understand why CFNI (Christ For the Nations) we don't really get how it fits into the "picture" So there are many unknowns going into all this, but it's very exciting all at the same time. I forgot to add that during his fast Cody felt like CFNI kept on popping into his head and he didn't really know why so he asked God to just show him if he was trying to tell him something. Cody turned on the radio and right when he did the announcer said, "and here is our new single from Kari Jobe" (she was the worship leader at CFNI for a long time) At this point Cody really felt like God was speaking to him about CFNI and he continued to pray about it. The GI Bill is accepted at CFNI so it will cover everything and if we decide to live on campus there will be enough money from the GI Bill for me to go to school as well. This is one thing I really need prayer for. I don't know what God wants me to do with this. I keep thinking about my dream in high school to be able to lead worship in different countries in their languages. CFNI has a worship program that looks awesome so I'm prayerfully considering it. cody and I would go to school from 8-12 and then I would probably teach night zumba classes while he did personal training.

I do think it is pretty hilarious that I had told Cody, "I will move anywhere in the world, but the one place I don't want to move back to is Dallas" HAHA God must have been ROLLING over that one! It's not that I don't think Dallas is a great place it is...and the best thing about it is my family that lives there. I was just ready to explore a new place, with less traffic, less status, and less heat...

We are def. looking forward to and are super excited about being near all my siblings and my grandmom. We are also excited to be moving closer to Suzanne and Dan it's so nice to know we already have a couples friend there, but we are sad that we won't be next to my mom and dad. It truly is all bittersweet.

So that's that! Please be in prayer for us during this time we are just taking it one step at a time while we seek what God has for us....thank you :)

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

GOD is GOOD!!! All the TIME!

Hallelujah for what HE is doing in your heart and Cody's heart and for how he is DIRECTING your path!!!! I'm so proud of you guys for stepping out in faith and trusting the Lord with this decision!!


And totally selfishly, Dan and I are SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!

Jenna B said...

Again, thank you for being so honest and sharing all the details of how God led you to this decision! So encouraging and I can't wait to see what He has in store for you guys.

Lauren Williams said...

wow, lots of changes since we last talked about all this! can't wait to get the even longer version of all this face to face sometime! love you!